With Game 6 happening on a Monday night--I know I'll need something quick to throw together. Here it is! The only prep you need is chopping the veggies you want on this delicious pizza.
Here is what you need:
1 package of Flatzza pizza crust (2 crusts)
1 can of tomato paste
2 cans of diced tomatoes
dried oregano and basil (fresh if you have it!)
minced garlic—I like mine pretty garlic-y so I use one clove per pizza
3—6 oz. packages of grated mozzarella cheese (more if you are a mega-cheese lover :)
toppings of your choice (I used pepperoni, chopped onion and green pepper)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. (I used a pizza stone and pre-heated that as well.)
2. Open the cans of diced tomatoes and drain in a colander while you prepare the crusts.
3. Spoon half of the can of tomato paste onto each pizza crust. Spread evenly.
4. Top each pizza with 1 package of the shredded cheese. Open the third package of cheese and split it between each pizza.
5. Press excess liquid out of the drained tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle the drained tomatoes equally between the pizzas.
7. Season with oregano and basil. Add the minced garlic to each.
8. Place your yummy toppings to your liking on each pizza.
9. Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. I usually start checking it after about 15 minutes.
This tastes so much better than those $5 hot and ready pizzas you pick up—and much better for you too.
STOP BY CHOICES AND PICK UP YOUR INGREDIENTS FOR PIZZA TONIGHT! GO HAWKS!